23 October 2011

ARTastic for October ...

Over on ARTastic this month we are finding inspiration from this rather different painting - Dr Jekyll's Hideaway by Maryanne Jacobsen. 


The added criteria for October is to add a house, trees and have an overall spooky feel to your page.

I must admit this one really had me thinking.  My kids have never done Halloween and the few dress up spooky pictures I have taken over the years have long since been scrapped.  Hmmm what to do??  Then I remembered a visit to my MIL last year where I dragged her around an historic graveyard in Windsor in search of the final resting places of a number of  distant "first fleet" relatives - could there be a suitable photo in this lot?  And luckily there was.


I've kept this layout reasonable plain and quite dark to add to the spooky feel and included a hand drawn and cut out tree and suitable spooky house.

10 comments:

Dale Tiernan said...

Oh yes, you have done well. I used to have an irrational fear of cemetary's as a child. Don't know why.

Great tree especially.

Jolanda said...

Love your page - it certainly has a spooky feel. the cut out tree adds a lot to the spookiness!!!!

Mrs Rogers said...

Hi Jane,
I think your page is great, a graveyard a very spooky feel in itself, I like the way you have also designed your page around the picture of the headstones. Thanks for joining in this month.

Anonymous said...

I really like your take on this challenge - the tree is fab and I love your choice of marble/stone effect paper!

Lynnda said...

Oh yes... this is so spooky... I love your idea... you rocked the challenge... Thanks for playing along with us over at ARTastic... hugs...xoxo

DebiJ said...

EXCELLENT PAGE JANE - LOVE YOUR PAPERS & THAT TREE, & WHAT A FAB PHOTO FOR THIS CHALLENGE! THANKS FOR PLAYING!

amanda73 said...

oh wow, i always love cemetary photos, this is so cool love it
thanks for playing at artastic

Cecelia said...

I cannot go to any cemetary without feeling spooked. I had a childhood experience that can contribute to that...Great LO and I love the tree! Thanks for joining us over at ARtastic this month;0) Hugs xx

Chantelle said...

Your LO is fabulous for this challenge - thanks for playing along!!

Shazza said...

Great take using the headstones Jane. thanks for joining in this month :)