29 August 2015

Last challenges for August ...

I found some time this afternoon to complete a couple of  final layouts for August challenges.  I apologise in advance for the quality of the images as it is late in the afternoon and I'm afraid I have lost the light.

The first one is for Show us your stuff using this moodboard plus something handmade.


I have used the colours of red, blue/green and yellow on a white background and bordered my page in red like the outer edge of the moodboard.  I added tiny wooden stars and a quote for my page and although not the same quote as the one used here it was more in keeping with the photograph I used.  The handmade red heart embellishment is from Chantal Vandenberg.




The second one is for Sassy Scrappers using this moodboard and the added criteria of watercolouring with mists, thickers and enamel dots.

August  Recipe Challenge

I misted my background using Tattered Angels glimmer mist in blue and used papers and stickers from the MME - Find your wings and fly range.  Doilies, green thickers and enamel dots complete my page.







6 comments:

Amanda said...

Lovely layouts! Thanks for joining in at SUYS!

Sandra said...

A very nice interpretation of the mood board, love your use of the colours. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Chantalle said...

Both lovely pages Jane. I love the use of kraft for your Sassy page. Wonderful to have you play along with us, thank you!

Paula said...

Both lovely layouts. Great take on the challenge over @ SUYS...thanks for joining us last month :)

Alison said...

Great use of the mood board elements, especially those sweet little stars and I really love your quote. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS.

Sue Plumb said...

Jane, this is a lovely layout! Great layering and use of the colours from the board, and I love the pop of red from the heart too. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS.