30 June 2016

Top 50 ...

I was really quite drawn to the image Scrapbooking Top 50 used for their June challenge and typically started this page earlier in the month and have only just finished it.


I love orange and rarely get to use it on my pages so it was a given that this colour would feature on this layout.  The fire very much enforced a night theme (I can remember many happy times sitting around a campfire with my family as a child, rugged up against the cold, staring up into the blanket of stars in the night sky).  I ran with this theme using some older photographs I had not yet scrapped of a night hockey game my daughter was involved with as a teenager.  It was always so bitterly cold at the hockey fields - the wind just seemed to whip across the exposed area and my dh and I would huddle, freezing, on the sidelines watching her play.  

 

I have used some wonderful star (night sky) paper, sprinkled a few stars of my own, used a lot of orange touches and added in an arrow or two (as per the mood board).


6 comments:

Rachel Dutko said...

Gorgeous page. I love the colours you have chosen and the starry paper. Thanks for joining us this month at STB50

CraftyKat said...

Lovely page Jane. I love the pops of orange with that fantastic star paper. Thanks for joining in.

Bridget said...

I love the pops of colour, and the starry night. Thanks for joining us at SBT50 this month

Chloe said...

Oh wow - I love your take on this challenge! Thanks for joining in :)

KarenB said...

Love this, Miss Jane. I must say that the scrapping world needs more orange, and it makes me smile when I see splashes of orange :) :) Fab layout!

sandi spink said...

My favourite colour is orange, what a great way to make your photo stand out. Well done on a great layout. Thanks for joining us at SBT50