12 November 2011

Christmas crafting with Shimelle ...

christmas crafting weekend

Yes it is November - you haven't slept a month and Christmas has snuck up on you unawares.  This sort of freaks me out .. not because it's Christmas craft or it's Shimelle but because it is a "in your face" reminder that Christmas is just around the corner and for us in Australia that means school holidays (OMG!!!) and in my case, 7 weeks of them and the summer heat and flies - no not the flies!


But I digress - Shimelle has put together a series of Christmas challenges for those that follow her AND she's also tied this in nicely with her Pretty Paper Party class I have been attempting to do this past month (BTW this class was brilliant - one of her best - do it if you can).




Card Challenge


Create a project with a circle design in the centre (of a card, a scrapbook page or another crafting project) OR create a project using your supplies in a different-than-expected way.


This is a card I made last weekend at a crop day.  There are circles stamped on the base of the card and the ornament is circular in shape.  I've used small pieces of left over paper and cardstock.




Tags -  Create a holiday gift tag design that’s easy to replicate!


This design is so quick and easy and uses up all those little pieces of scrap.




Cut - Create a project with a design you have cut from patterned paper.






Scrapbooking Wakeup Call


Share a link to a favourite Christmas project you have made – whether it was this year or many years ago (just not something you have made this weekend).


I have two layouts that I very much like - one in paper and one digital but very simple which is my style.


This one uses a photo from Christmas 2001 when my son was 3 and a total live wire.  We had gotten through the two's relatively unscathed only to be greeted with the tumultuous three's in triplicate.  Getting him to sit still for a photo was near impossible on a good day and throw in the excitement of Santa and Christmas and wow - we were in trouble.  This was a rare shot and thereby special.



The next one is a happy photo from Christmas 2009 showing two siblings comfortable in their relationship.  I hope they remain this way for their lifetimes.



No comments: