24 November 2014

Lasting Memories for November ...

Another week and another challenge on Lasting Memories, our final one for November.  This one is  "All About the Title"! We're looking for titles that really stand out this week.

I have made the title one of the main the focal points on my page.



Week 3 and Challenge #217 and we are looking at Favourite Game Shows on Lasting Memories

Hmmm  got to admit I am not a big game show person, most are on during the manic 5pm to 6pm timeslot when I am either collecting a kid from some afternoon activity (or sitting in the the car waiting for him) or dropping him off for squad swimming or running around like a headless chicken at home.  In fact I don't watch any daytime TV at all - our viewing starts with the 7pm news in this household.

Still I know my MIL likes this particular show and when I spent a week with her earlier in the year when she was re-cooperating from a fall we watched this one together each afternoon and it was good for a change.



So do you have a favourite game show?  


Our second challenge (#216) is  "In honour of Remembrance Day".  Do a layout remembering someone special (can be ANYONE special in your life).



I've done a page using a photograph of my Dad is his younger days.  He was what could be turned "a good looking lad!".   Miss you Dad.



Our first challenge for this month (#215) is a super simple one and one I do ALL the time - use only ONE photo



Couldn't be easier right?  Love to see your take on this one over on the Lasting Memories blog.

14 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

I love this simplicity of this! The photo really pops!

KarenB said...

One photo... big impact!
Fab LO Jane :)

Toni Herron said...

Great simple layout that makes the photo pop! Awesome! Thanks for sharing.. Toni..

Paper Bagley said...

I lost my father this last June. I need to do the same...get his life in a book. Thanks for inspiration, Tootsie from Oregon

Anonymous said...

Love how you accented around your father's photo. The colors you chose to use work great. Thanks for sharing.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I too love the colour combination you used for your Dad layout. It works so well. Julie

Karen Wilson said...

Your LO really captures the photo - the embellishments, colours. It's perfect.

Kim said...

Very nice layouts!

ClaireR said...

i really love the layout of your father, very striking. Perfect!

Michele said...

I love how you post all layouts and challenges together! That will surely get people's attention! Love your work! Simple... but striking! Your one about your Dad is my fav!

Anonymous said...

I love how the title really fits the photo on your layout. My kids give me "THE LOOK" as well. You got to love them!

SweetScraps said...

he's so cute! even with "That Look!" I love the papers you chose for this the title and pic really do stand out.
And the gameshow LO is GREAT too! Lots of fun.
Karr

ClaireR said...

Love your title page, definitely the focal point!

ClaireR said...

absolutely love your take on the game show challenge, awesome layout!