02 January 2013

One Little Word 2013

One Little Word 2013

I have been doing this for a few years now - finding inspiration through the months from a single word.  It takes me while at the beginning of each year to mull over my choices.  Sometimes a word jumps out at me and I run with it immediately, other times I have to ponder over what might lie ahead for me - what major plans I might have for the year ahead.

2011 was a years of change for us all - Rachel moved off from school to start the next phase of her life studying for a career and was slowly leaving childhood behind. Chris moved from the security of primary school to high school and all the differences that entailed,  growing up both physically and emotionally..  John moved into a more intense role at work, developing and taking on higher responsibility  while I set myself personal goals and challenges in my day to day life and within the things I do with scrapbooking.  CHANGE was an easy choice for that year.

2012  Last year was my year to REDUCE.  I set myself some goals to clear out a lot of the things that cluttered my life.  To file away, to store away and to throw away and to dwindle away. I achieved my aim only partially, I simply did not have as much time as I intended for the labour intensive plans I had in my mind and I will again work on some aspects of reducing my life this year.

2013 is the year I live with PURPOSE.  

This is the perfect word to describe what I want to achieve this year.  I hope that every challenge I set myself, every item I focus on, I do with purpose in 2013.  I want to complete unfinished projects, consolidate others.  I want to have direction and purpose in the things I do and undertake this year, I don't want to just drift through 2013 letting each day week unfold as it arrives.  I hope to know where I am going and feel a sense of achievement in what I am doing this year.


pur.pose


Noun
The reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.

Verb
Have as one's intention or Objective

No comments: