23 April 2013

A little Bee Gee joke ...

In the early 80's I was staying with a girlfriend at The National University in Canberra for the weekend and she took me to see The Hee Bee Bee Gees who were performing on campus.  I have never laughed so much.  I was in total hysterics as I watched this parody group tear the Bee Gees apart with Meaningless Songs (In Very High Voices) and Ah and then moved on to spoof Status Quo, David Bowie and Michael Jackson.

I will never forget them standing on stage in their tight white pants, scarves around their necks and hairdryers in hand.  What a night!



When I saw the current song inspiration on Scrap It With a Song was The Bee Gee hit "I started a joke" I could not help but think about that "other" Bee Gee group I had seen so long ago and how incredibly funny they had been.  The joke certainly had been on them!!




3 comments:

Becky said...

That is a hilarious story! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it With a Song!

Unknown said...

That is awesome, I had never heard of them. Thanks for joining us at Scrap it with a Song!

Carla said...

Thanks for sharing the story & so glad our challenge inspired you to capture this memory on a page! Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song!