22 May 2014

A little vintage me ...

I was rather taken by the challenge at Orange Paperie this month where they are using this image to inspire us.  Such a pretty collection of vintage goodness.


There is a quote attached to this challenge - use it all or a word or two from it.



There was just so much in this image I liked - the folded lace doily, the soft muted tones, the colours of cream and pink and gold, not to mention the gorgeous roses and the overall vintage feel which I have tried to replicate with my layout.  

 

This is me aged 3.  My mother once told me I liked holding out my Sunday best dresses when I was little and twirling about in them.  She thought this was really sweet and showed my gregarious nature.  I tend to think I held them out because they were starched and pressed to within an inch of their lives and they were as itchy and scratchy as all get out !!


I am also entering this page at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge where they have asked us to scrap our baby picture.  I have so few baby pictures and those I own have long since been scrapped.  I hope age 3 is young enough to be classed as a baby :)

11 comments:

Dolly B said...

So gorgeous Jane, thank you for joining in at AFSC, such a cute pic
Mary

Dolly B said...

Thanks for entering your beautiful layout at Orange Paperie. This layout has a lovely vintage feel to it. Love the photo and the colours you have used to showcase it
Mary

Jo said...

Hi Jane, such a lovely, soft page & that doily is very pretty. I like the pp you have chosen for this photo. I'm so glad you joined us this month at Orange Paperie & Co :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jane, Thanks for Joining us at Orange Paperie. I love the way you have been inspired. Lovely Layout & great picks or the PP.

Kim Ewins said...

Gorgeous take on our May Challenge, Jane!
What a SUPER cute photo of you.....and I love all your elements :)
Thanks for sharing with us at Orange Paperie & Co

Cheryl said...

This is just beautiful Jane, great layout and such a cute pic, my mum used to dress me like that too

li-bee-ti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
li-bee-ti said...

Such a beautiful vintage page, Jane. I love the colors, the doily and the cute photo of you as a baby.
Thank you so much for playing with us at AFSC!

Bec said...

What a simply elegant page! Beautiful photo and great inspiration. Thank you for creating for the May Challenge with OP&C.

Catie said...

Such a beautiful page. Thanks for joining in at AFSC :)

Anne Pennington said...

Jane - this is a gorgeous take on our challenge at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. Thanks so much for playing along. Sorry to take so long to visit - it's been a hectic few weeks!!!