08 May 2014

Guesting on Lasting Memories ...

I'm pretty thrilled to be guest designing over on Lasting Memories this month.  It is always a bit of a buzz when you get an invite like this so thank you so much for giving me that pleasure.

My first challenge page is now up - the challenge was to make your own background and I have used a stencil and glimmer mist to do just that.


 Oh and just in case you are scratching your head over my title – yep we call diapers “nappies” in Australia.

My second challenge was to use "odd" embellishments on my page.  I've actually gone one step further :)


This is the story of my family all taking the same size shoe when we go ten pin bowling – both parents and both kids, although the way my teen son’s feet are growing this may not last for long!  I have used commercial clothing and product tags in place of patterned paper for my layout – just to be different and just because I could lol – but actually I think it is really effective – why not give this a try yourself.  



Third challenge was this sketch ... 



which I rotated this three times, used two portrait photos and in place of the tag used more patterned paper.  Always remember if a sketch doesn’t work for you as it is, try rotating it or flipping it to find an aspect that does!



And the final challenge for my month of guesting ...

Challenge #4 – using a digital image.

 

I actually use a lot of digital stamps, printables and word art on my paper pages.  This cute card was from a free printable set for Valentine’s Day a few years ago now but as you can see can easily be adapted to use on a “normal” page.  Here is the link if you would like to snaffle these for yourself.  http://www.pumpkinsandposies.com/2010/12/free-printable-valentine-cards.html.  It is as simple as printing them out onto white cardstock and cutting them apart.

Hope you might swing past and join in with us this month.

7 comments:

Denise Pustelniak said...

Sure do love your LO! Cute nappie hat! Love the colors and so glad you joined us this month!

KarenB said...

Loving both of these Jane. So thrilled that you are guest designing for Lasting Memories this month :)

Denise Pustelniak said...

All are BEAUTIES!

Denise Pustelniak said...

THANK-YOU Jane, you did a spectacular job!

ClaireR said...

All four of your layouts are just awesome, I love the variety of your layouts. The "odd" embellie one is super neat, I loved that you used clothing tags, what a great idea. Its been wonderful having you guest design all month!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love that owl! It adds so much color and interest on you're terrific LO!

Unknown said...

I Love all of you layouts Jane:) They are awesome! What a great idea to use clothing tags!

Thanks for being a guest designer At Lasting Memories.

Elizabeth Campau LMDT
http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/