05 September 2012

Destination Australia ...

My first entry for  Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

On this  very first leg of the race, I needed to pack my bags, grab my passport and make my way to Sydney ready for my flight to my first international destination!

We were asked to include on our Australian layouts ....


Aussie slang  - Mine is Dinky-Di True Blue

an Aussie Image -  I have used a mini Australian flag in place of the bottle cap supplied in the kit which sold out before I joined in the trip.

and a border punch or scallops to represent the large iconic structures.

This layout is about Australia Day 2009 when I took my son down to the waterfront for a few hours.  One of the many things they had happening was a classic car rally of a selection of old Ford and Holden cars.  My son thought it was pretty nifty.  I had a bit of a chuckle to myself as all the cars (bar one) were various shades of blue - hence my title of Dinky-Di True Blue.

I've used red, white and blue Aussie colours and also added in white stars to represent the stars on our flag.

 
 

No comments: