23 October 2010

Feeling arty ...

I wish I had a little more "me" time this month but truth be known I haven't scrapped as much as I would have liked.  We have been a little preoccupied in this household while we nurture our daughter through the stressful times of HSC study and examinations.  I've snatched odd hours here and there and divided my time equally with some paper layouts and a few digitally.  I long ago realised that I like doing both of these styles and find equal enjoyment in their creation.  It also no longer worries me if I mix digital in amongst paper layouts in my albums - in fact mixing actual layout sizes is no issue either although I am mainly a 12x12 scrapped - guess I have Ali Edwards to thank for this earth shattering revelation.  Ali mixes and matches her layout sizes, styles and techniques freely amongst her albums and having now done a couple of classes with her, I too have come to appreciate the simplicity of this method and have embraced it with gusto.

ARTastic is a challenge blog I stumbled across only recently (now where have you been hiding precious site!) and like very much the concept of creating layouts based on famous (and not so!) pieces of art. There is much to admire and absorb from artwork and so many facets of colours, style and subject matter can be gleaned from them which is easy to incorporate into scrapbooking layouts. This month the inspiration piece was A Summer Morning by Rupert Bunny.




Bonus points were given for using shades of pink, pink roses and white birds and as this painting was certainly a softer piece than many, it lent itself well to a scrap layout in Shabby Chic or Vintage style.

This is my digital take on the challenge using a vintage photograph of my Grandmother and digit  elements by A-liya's Designs.

 

No comments: