06 August 2009

A weighty issue ....

It's Wacky Wednesday (and no I haven't been into the Wacky Tobaccy) this is Day 5 of our blog challenge and Sharyn has set us a goal of blogging about something that we can then take directly to a scrapbook page as our journaling.


Our piano was moved from living room to front foyer on Sunday so we could have floorboards installed on Monday. So what! I hear you say; what's so exciting about that?

Well you see it was my husband and daughter and I that moved it - all 400lbs of it; some 14 feet and one step to where it currently sits just inside our front door and where it will remain until we can get a professional mover in to move it back again cause we aren't doing it - no, never, nada, not bleeding likely.

Every "moving a piano" site I could google on the internet said "If you need to move a piano hopefully you have professional help" or "if you are thinking about moving a piano yourself; think again" in fact some weren't even that polite and just stated "move a piano??? are you nuts!!" - well we probably were but it was Sunday and we had a buffalo sized piano in a room that needed to be cleared for the layers to install timber floorboard we had waited 6 months for and who were arriving at 7am the next day and our choices were limited. So we moved it.


They say necessity is the Mother of all invention and my darling husband excelled himself in the ingenuity department. But perhaps we should have followed these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5XX9LX2es4 instructions.



5 comments:

Tonja Trump said...

Yep, I'd call someone to put wheels on that set of ivories! My dad moved my grandparents' piano..several times and griped each time about it! Great story Jane!

mollie said...

you should have set your camera on a timer and taken one of the three of you in action!

Mary C. said...

I can totally relate to this story. I can never wait for help and then I end up with a nightmare on my hands. Like yesterday, when I hung a heavy mirror and had to poke an extra hole in our newly painted wall because I didn't measure correctly.
So, have you found a piano mover yet?

doris sander said...

oh jane. that last one is so poignant. it made me tear up. your journaling is always so fabulous.

Sharyn said...

hey - you look like pros to me!! love the 'not bleeding likely!' hahhahahah!